Joint pain is the most common health issues seen in all age groups. The pain is caused when there is a soreness, or inflammation when occurring in the joints bringing more discomfort in your joint health. Usually, joint pain is treatable and doesn’t require a hospital visit. But, in severe cases, it might require to take blood reports to check whether it is caused due to arthritis. Yes! It is only because of a few everyday habits that can wreck joint health. Let’s look into a few of them in detail below!
Bad habits that can ruin joint health:
Here is a list of 10 bad habits that you should take care of to prevent joint pain. Now, curious to know what those are? Yes! Then read on the article to know whether your joints at risk? A few reasons include:
1) Obese or overweight: Well! Overweight can hurt your legs. Every pound or kilogram you carry can put stress on your knees. More bodyweight can bring wear and tear to the joints. Yes! It increases the risk of chronic diseases like arthritis. Also, being overweight upsurges inflammation in the body which can wreck the joint health. If you are overweight and are unable to lose weight, then speak to the nutritionist and frame out a diet chart that suits your body. If medicines and products are prescribed, order them from the best online medicine store and get them delivered directly at your doorstep.
2) Unhealthy food habits: Do you have lousy food habits? Yes! It may put you in trouble! Consuming healthy foods provides healthy joints. The intake of food rich in calcium, vitamin D, nuts, milk products, fresh fruits, veggies, green leafy vegetables, whole grains, legumes, and seeds can protect joint health. Also, staying away from fried foods, refined carbohydrates, red meat, sugary products, saturated fats, control portion size, focusing not to be on mindful eating, having enough food throughout the day, and cutting down too many liquid calories can boost bone and joint health.
3) Lack of doing strengthening exercise: Doing strengthening exercise builds and boosts joint health. Squads, weightlifting exercises, Pilates, yoga, etc. can strengthen the muscles. But if you are new to the exercise regimen or have any health issues like back pain, and then seek therapist help also ask them the type of exercises that suits your body’s health.
4) Exercising too much: Adding too much exercise in your daily routine or individuals who try to do the new exercise more times can hurt the joints. If you experience sudden pain in the joints it signals you are overdoing the exercise.
5) Carrying heavy backpacks: The choice of your bag and the style of carrying it may pose severe damage to the muscles and the joints. The heavy bags cause an imbalance in the postures and leave your back, neck and shoulders with severe pain, and in a long run, it may lead to arthritis.
6) Decreased intake of calcium and vitamin D: Calcium and vitamin D are important for strong and healthy bones. But, the lesser intake of these may bring damage to the bones and muscles. Hence, to avoid getting pain, try adding fortified cereals, fatty fish like salmon, and dairy products in your daily diet.
7) Smoking:Smoking narrows blood vessels. The joints receive nutrients from the surrounding bone and from the synovial fluid which is present around. Many studies say that using cigarette can bring cartilage loss, especially in males than in females.
8) Ignoring joint pain: If you have severe joint pain for more than a week, then never ignore. Speak to the doctor as the pain triggered might be due to the weakening of the bones or joints or else might be due to other serious health issues.
9) Not getting enough sleep: A regular and a tight sleep cycle are important to follow to keep up the joint health. Lower and disturbed sleep can bring potential health problems like high blood pressure, diabetes, heart attack and stroke. If you are unable to sleep and if it hinders your daily activities, then consult the doctor. If medicines are prescribed, order them from a trusted online medical shop and get them delivered directly at your doorstep.
10) Wearing high heels: Wearing heels for too long can bring pressure on the knees, and toes. It also gives aches if the heels are not worn properly. This is because heels can cause unequal weight distribution on the foot bones, which in turn can bring pain, swelling, and stiffness to both the feet and the back.
The above are few-listed bad habits that when not eliminated from your daily habits may lead to severe joint pain. Hence, eliminating them from your daily life and adding a healthy, nutritious, and well-balanced diet along with exercise can do wonders for your joint health.
Friends, If you like this post, kindly comments below the post and do share your response. Thanks For reading:)